Complete Canine Care – Dog Day Care and Boutique Kennels
4 Patrick Street, Onehunga, Auckland
Open: Monday-Friday 7am-6:30pm
Saturday and Sunday 8am-11am& 3pm-6pm
Click here to book
Dog day care and kennels located just 15 minutes from Auckland’s city centre. Complete Canine Care is a conveniently located dog day care and kennel facility for busy dog owners who want to provide top notch care for their four legged friends. Located just 6 minutes from both the South Western and South Eastern Motorways you really can’t get a more accessible location. We now also providing a dog walking service within Auckland suburbs to cater to dogs who are unable to attended day care or for those who simply want some variety in their week.
Our reception hours are Mon-Fri 7am-6:30pm and Sat-Sun 8am-11am and 3pm-6pm. Dogs are never locked up or unattended during the day, there is always a staff member in the play pens with them ensuring they are happy and content. The happiness of your pet is our utmost concern
Complete Canine Care’s goal is to provide a safe, fun environment for dogs to socialise and play in order to be well balanced, happy pooches. Dogs go home happy and content after big day of play.
All of our staff are qualified and experienced in the animal care industry as well as holding certificates in Pet First Aid & Knowing Dogs 101. You can rest easy knowing that you are leaving your dog/s in competent hands .
Dog Day Care Centres are a great way to socialise and stimulate your pet. We run day care just like a school for dogs. All dogs receive report cards, we have our daily ‘star’ up on the wall and the daily plan is always able to be viewed in the reception area. We also have a staff to dog ratio just like schools have a teacher to student ratio. This ensures that your dog is in a safe and caring environment.
“Winston absolutely loves going to Complete Canine Care, and if it was up to him he would be there everyday!. Rhiannon and her team are very professional and easy to deal with. Nothing is ever a problem, and I know that Winston is in really safe hands when he is at daycare. He comes home very tired at the end of the day which is great as I know he has been busy playing and having fun with the staff and all the other dogs. It’s great to be able to see what the dogs are up to through the updates on facebook too!”- Prue Watson
Owner and operator Rhiannon Taylor started Complete Canine Care as a dog walking and pet sitting service. After receiving her Canine Behaviourist Diploma and becoming a Pet First Aid Instructor she realised she wanted to take the business one step further. Rhiannon wanted to open a day care with a difference. A place where all staff were full trained and equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to provide a fun, safe and caring environment for dogs.
The facilities have been set up for the welfare of the animals. They have installed rubber flooring in the big dog’s pens to ensure that the dog’s joints are well protected. Separate areas are in place for dogs of different sizes and energy levels. New activities and obstacles are added to the play areas daily to ensure the dogs are well stimulated and for those having an off day or who just prefer cuddles compared to wrestling we have quite areas are available for some down time. They really do have it all!
Upon pick up, the staff will give you an honest answer to how the dog behaved that day. Although most owners what to hear how wonderful their dog was we feel it is more important that the owner knows if their dog has had an off day. By doing this the owner knows that when they say “He was a good boy” they actually mean it.
They offer a large range of pet care services, with their ultimate goal being to fulfill the company name and really be a complete dog care provider with all services under one roof.
Prerequisites for enrollment at Complete Canine Care
- Be up to date with vaccinations as well as flea and worm treatments.
- Have good social skills
- Be non aggressive and not protective over food or toys
- Have current council registration and be microchipped if over 6 months of age
- If Male, be desexed if older than 8 months of age. Females on heat are to be kept at home until the heat has finished.
Dogs who continue to show problem behaviour may be denied service
Why Use Dog Day Care?
- Dog day care provides a safe & healthy atmosphere with lots of interaction, both with other dogs and people.
- Dogs can participate in group play, hang out with humans, or just lounge around.
- Improves physical well-being as well as mental health and simulation.
- Your dog is not left home alone- where it may bark, whine and cause destruction out of boredom or lack of stimulation
- Dogs are highly social animals and enjoy having the chance to form strong social bonds.
- Helps to build confidence and can improve your dogs ability to socialise and interact.
A typical day plan at CCC
07:00 AM – 09:30 AM
Arrival, new dogs introduced, free time
09:30 AM – 10:30 AM
fitness for the day. This might be water sports (water guns and paddling pools), ball skills, tag etc
10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Morning play time
11:30 AM – 01:00 PM
SSR (rest time!) toys are removed and extra beds are put in so the dogs can recharge, ready for their next play session.
01:00 PM – 02:30 PM
Lunch time. Dogs who have lunch are taken aside to eat and digest before returning to play.
02:30 PM – 03:30 PM
Activies and game continue
Pick up: Free time – Dogs are supervised at all times and their teachers always enforce manners, group participation and basic good behaviour.
We can all learn a little something from dogs:
Remember, if a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:
- When loved ones come home, always run to greet them
- Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride
- Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure Ecstasy
- Take naps
- Stretch before rising
- Run, romp, and play daily
- Thrive on attention and let people touch you
- Avoid biting when a simple growl will do
- On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass
- On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree
- When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body
- Delight in the simple joy of a long walk
- Be loyal
- Never pretend to be something you’re not
- If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it
- When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently
and most importantly ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY!